Index of /~mickeyl/fso-stable/milestone5.5
Openmoko Framework Image -- 'In Transit...' (Milestone V.V)
What's new since Milestone V.1
- This is the first milestone release incorporating results from our [http://www.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Cornucopia Cornucopia] project -- the next generation reference implementation of the FSO APIs, this time in [http://www.vala-project.org Vala], which compiles to C. For those who write in Vala, we provide a .vapi file for libfso-glib.
- Added interactive loophole for live or post-mortem debugging via telnet.
- Completely rewritten in Vala with drastically improved performance.
- The ousaged implementation (Python) has been deprecated, we strongly recommend integrators to no longer use this.
- Improved support for the Freescale Neptune modems as appearing in the Motorola EZX series.
- Fully support the Qualcomm MSM modems as appearing in the HTC smartphone family, including the Touch Pro, the G1, etc.
- Added support for extended SMS properties, including SMS delivery reports.
- Fixed MCC and MNC presentation.
- Relaxed the PDU decoder to deal with sloppy encoded SMS.
- Status report messages are auto-acked now.
- Refresh network status after suspend.
- Added a cell database (This is *not* the final API, but a simple test to make cellhunter data available. Later this functionality will be exposed differently)
- Redesigned the low level AT command parser to cope with unsolicited responses woven in solicited responses.
- Improved datacall support.
- Reintroduced Ephemeris and Almanac uploading.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Added Bluetooth headset support. Please see the Openmoko Wiki for how to use this via the dbus interface.
- Major bug fixes, especially for multi-zone countries.
- Improved configurability.
- MAJOR overhaul thanks to Sebastian Krzyszkowiak!
- added new domain Calls (for phone log functionality)
- working basics of Contacts, Messages and Calls domains
- working Update/Delete methods and signals
- added new backends: SQLite-Contacts, SQLite-Messages, SQLite-Calls with full Add/Update/Delete support and ogsmd-Calls (handler)
- SIM-Messages-FSO and SIM-Contacts-FSO backends: listen to ReadyStatus and AuthStatus signal to init when possible automatically
- CSV-Contacts and SIM-Contacts-FSO backends: full Add/Update/Delete support
- SIM-Messages-FSO: full CSM and message receipts handling
- timestamps and timezones handling in Messages and Calls
- merging entries - you can store some data for the same contact on SIM backend, others on SQLite, and it'll be merged by opimd into one visible contact
- avoid duplicating entries on initing backend second time
- initing backends automatically at boot
- work on API - lot of new dbus calls (mostly for configuration)
- make lot of things configurable
- more error handling
- A LOT of bugfixes
- fsousaged: Completely done.
- fodeviced: Completely done & in testing.
- fsogsmd: Waiting for async. dbus server support in Vala.