Angstrom Opie Testing
Opie 1.2.3 is now a supported environment for the Angstrom distribution.
Stable images are currently available for the following devices:
- iPAQ h2200 series (h2200)
- iPAQ h3900 series (h3900)
- iPAQ h4000 series (h4000)
- iPAQ h5000 series (h5000)
- iPAQ hx4700 (hx4700)
- Zaurus SL-5600 (poodle)
- Zaurus SL-C7x0 (c7x0) - framebuffer only, no W100 accel.
- Zaurus SL-C1000 (akita)
- Zaurus SL-C3000 (spitz)
- Siemens Simpad (simpad)
Additionally, testing images are available for the following devices:
- HTC Universal (htcuniversal)
- Zaurus SL-5500 (collie)
- Zaurus SL-6000 (tosa)
Download / Install
Stable images can be found by clicking "Downloads" from the main Angstrom website.
Testing images can be found under http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/autobuild/
There are no package feeds available at the moment, we are mostly looking for serious bugs related to device and basic functionality. Some particular areas worth concentrating on:
- Device buttons
- Screen rotation, including correct cursor key / directional button rotation with screen
- Backlight fully adjustable and switches on/off when appropriate
- Suspend/resume, including wake-up for alarms
- Battery status
- System Info reports device model correctly
We are very keen to hear any feedback regarding these testing images. Please let us know how Angstrom + Opie works on your device via an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, as well as any further thoughts you have. Thanks!
Opie doesn't start on C7x0 -fixed disabling accelereted W100 and falling back to framebuffer
Opie does not start on Simpad due to qcop problem (#3681)
On some devices, the cursor keys are not correctly rotated with the screen (confirmed on akita, spitz, and h3900; reported on hx4700; please report status on other models). (#3678)
Settings: The button next to the timezone selection says you need to install CityTime, but it is already installed. If you need to change the available timezones then just run CityTime using the launcher. (#3669)
No sound on h3900 (not Opie specific) (#3547)
No battery status on h3900 (not Opie specific) (#3548)
Device does not wake up correctly for alarms on h2200, would like testing on other devices (reportedly works OK on hx4700). Possibly related to #3609.
SD card button doesn't work in the File Manager (#4317)
- Bluetooth is somewhat broken. Some significant bluetooth fixes will be included in 1.2.4.
- h2200 shows a "Record" button in the Button settings, but doesn't actually have one. Will be fixed in 1.2.4.
- There is no way to unmount cards from the GUI. Will be fixed in 1.2.4.